Quotes From Our Senior Class! What being a Tiger has meant to them!

“The Wittenberg Swim and Dive team has become my family over the past four years. Coming to Wittenberg as a freshman was extremely intimidating; having an instant group of people to rely on was a life saver. I don’t know what I would have done without our Tiger family!”
Leah Barnhouse ‘13

“Swimming for all four years has shown me that when teamwork and hard work come together great things can happen. This was an everyday experience while being a Wittenberg Tiger. Set a goal and then show yourself and your team you have what it takes to make and exceed that goal.”
J.B. Easley ‘13

“There are not enough words to describe the great friends and countless memories I have made since being a part of this team. The people on this team have made me who I am today, and I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
Brendan Eggers ‘13

“Being a member of the Wittenberg Swim team is easily one of the most fulfilling and enjoyable parts of my college career. The people I have met and the relationships that I have forged will last forever and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to be a member of the team. Swimming for the Tigers instilled values such as hard work, teamwork, and perseverance into each and every one of us, and I will carry these lessons with me for the rest of my life.”
Andrew Koukis ‘13

“My swimming career hasn’t been about times, records or national cuts, but it’s been about everybody on this team who are truly nuts. I couldn’t ask for a better team, so I wanted to take the time to thank them now. We have worked our tails off, so it’s time to take a bow. Being done with swimming is truly surreal; words cannot describe how I currently feel. Part of me wishes I were sitting in a freshman’s seat, so I could put the past 4 years on repeat.”
Ward McNulty ‘13

“Being a member of WSD for the past four years has been an incredible experience. At times, I had doubts about making it this far, but sitting here having completed four years as a Wittenberg athlete, I’m glad that I never gave up. Swimming here has taught me life lessons in friendship, team work, dedication, and discipline. Even though my swimming career ends here, I will always be a proud Wittenberg Tiger.”
Rachael Nuzzo ‘13

“Thanks to all the coaches for putting up with me and helping me through difficult times throughout the past four years I don’t know what I would have done without having the team as support. Jim is a great coach and really funny when you get to know him.”
Katie Reed ‘13

“When I finally went a life time best at Conference this year I had one of those moments where I was like “This is why I came to Witt.” Having all the love and support from the team and having them be just as happy as me, if not happier, as me to finally accomplish something I had worked 4 years for made that moment something I will never forget in my life. Transferring here and only having been able to be a part of something this amazing for two years allowed me to not take any second of that moment or this team for granted. As someone who came into this team after bonds have been formed, I can tell you from an outside perspective that this team has something special that is almost impossible to find anywhere else. “
Claire Shannon ‘13

“I have been involved in many different organizations and clubs during my four years at Witt. None of them compare to the experience I had while on the swim team. The bonds and emotional ties that bring us together create long lasting friendships. We are there for each other through thick and thin! If you would have told me my freshman year the things that I was going to accomplish I would have never believed you; and if you wouldn’t have pushed me I’m not sure I ever would have found out. Tiger up!“
Jane Tsivitse ‘13