Weekly Update, Jan. 20

Chis Culkin

Chris Culkin '11

We’re quickly approaching the end of our regular season. Having swam a pair of duel meets last weekend with Denison and Hiram, followed by an upcoming day of competition at home with Centre, we’re in the home stretch. Before we know it I’ll be talking about “taper” and all the rest we’re getting and how great everyone is going to swim at Conference Championships!

But, don’t let me get ahead of myself.

This weekend is a big weekend for us. It’s not only our last home meet, but it’s also a special day that we call – Senior Meet. It’s hard to imagine when you are a freshman that 4 years could pass so quickly. Four years of swimming, four years of studying, four years of friendships…

This year we graduate 8 seniors. I’ll introduce them all to you in a separate post, but today I simply wanted to encourage everyone to come out on Saturday and celebrate with us. We’re expecting a packed house, as we always do for this meet – it’s one of the things that makes it special.

If you’re unable to attend, the Tigers Sports Network is going to be providing a live video feed for the entire meet. Be sure to tune in.