Nov. 13 Swimmers of the Meet

Megan Tassone

What initially attracted me to Wittenberg?
Initially, I wanted to go to swim at a Division 1 school.  But, as I visited more and more campuses, I was a little overwhelmed.  My aunt went to Wittenberg, and a boy I used to swim with in high school swam here too. Coach was interested and contacted me, and once I came on my recruiting trip I really fell in love with the school and knew I would be happy here.  I was right!

What is my favorite and least favorite stroke?
My favorite stroke is Breaststroke, and my least favorite is probably Backstroke because I am not very good at it.

Do I have any hobbies?
I love to decorate and redecorate my room, and pretty much anything like my locker at the pool, and really any kind of nick-knack that looks like it could be bedazzled in some way :) .  I like to make collages, color, hang out with friends, workout, and go shopping.  Anything that involves crafts, designing, fashion, or being creative.

What are you majoring in?
I am majoring in Business

What is your favorite thing about Wittenberg?
My favorite thing about Wittenberg is the scenery.  I love having such a cute small school that is so beautiful in all of the seasons.  My parents always say how great it is to come visit during each season, and it helps me appreciate winter a lot more because I hate cold weather.  But I love almost everything about Wittenberg and everything that I am involved in on campus.

Any stories about the team?
I like coming up with cheers together as a team or just having girls team get togethers.  We make up cheers in florida and for our inner squad “red/white” meet, and whenever the girls team gets together to hang out we always have fun. (We have fun with the boys too, but sometimes its nice just us girls, especially decorating our locker room and making good cds to workout to).

Did I travel anywhere this summer or is there anything unique about me?
Unfortunately I was not able to travel anywhere this summer, but I hope to travel to Africa next summer!

Andrew Koukis

I was attracted to Witt because of the cheerful attitude on campus, as well as the renowned faculty and staff who work here.

My favorite stroke is backstroke, and my least favorite is breaststroke.

Do I have any hobbies?
I enjoy hanging out with friends, and living like a frat star.

What are you majoring in?
I am a history major, and education minor.

My favorite thing about Wittenberg is the friendly environment, and the educational opportunities that we are presented with throughout our time here.

Any stories about the team?
Ted Brown Hutchinson has yet to unpack his room, and he lives like a caveman.

My summer was spent poolside saving lives 1 day at a time, while bronzing myself and yelling at pool rats.

Phil Bambach

On my recruiting visit I noticed that the student body was very tight knit as a whole. The swim team team seemed like a good group of people that liked to have fun yet worked hard in the classroom and in the pool.

I had always heard about Wittenberg as a prestigious midwestern university and when I came on my recruiting visit I knew that it would fit my academic, athletic and social needs.

The stroke I am most talented at would be breastroke. My favorite stroke would be backstroke. My least favorite stroke would be butterfly especially anything over a 50.

Do I have any hobbies?
No not really, espcially this year because the academic load is so tough, but when I do have time I watch alot of sports especially football and basketball. If I’m not swimming I’m watching an OSU game or any Cleveland team play. When I’m not in season I enjoy doing anything active as long as it’s competitive.

What are you majoring in?
I am a double major in geology and geography

That you can walk pretty much anywhere on campus and know someone. Pretty much everyone gets along with everyone. It is an excellent support system throughout your academic career.

Any stories about the team?
Come talk to me in person

I did not travel anywhere this summer because I had an internship at the US Geologic Survey (yes I do actually find rocks interesting). For my internship I tested ecoli and entericocci at beaches at inland lakes around central Ohio. It was a great experience which my advisor here at Wittenberg allowed my to have.