Nov. 6 – Swimmers of the Meet

Instead of writing a summary this week about the swimmers of the meet, I thought I’d let them introduce themselves to you. Rachel Leeds and Teddy Hutchinson had a great weekend at DePauw. Here are their stories!

Rachel Leeds

What initially attracted you to Wittenberg?
When beginning my college search I knew I wanted to go to a small school that had a prestigious name and well-known education program.  I looked at other schools similar in size including Ohio Wesleyan and Butler University but in the end after I visited campus I got the feeling that Wittenberg was the place for me and I could see myself being a student and student athlete on this campus.

What is you favorite and least favorite stroke?
I swim IM so I kind of forced to have to like all of them but if I had to choose I guess my favorite would be fly, least favorite probably breaststroke.

Do you have any hobbies?
I love arts and crafts, especially coloring.

What are you majoring in?
I am an early childhood education and intervention specialist double major and a minor in sociology

What is your favorite thing about Wittenberg?
All of the traditions, the beautiful campus and the amazing people!

Any stories you would like to share about the team?
Sitting every bus ride next to Jenna blasting her 90s ipod music, watching movies such as The Princess Bride and 30 Days of Night.  Hearing all of the boys in the back of the bus screaming about how they are the best movies ever!

Ted Hutchison

Ted Hutchinson

I had not heard of Wittenberg until I got a letter from Coach Koukis. She called me a couple of times and  I decided to come here after my recruiting trip. I loved the people here and had a great time.

My favorite stroke is backstroke and my least favorite stroke is breaststroke.

Do you have any hobbies?
Hobbies in college? My hobbies include hanging out with my friends among other things.

What are you majoring in?
History

What is you favorite thing about Wittenberg?
My favorite thing about Wittenberg is that everyone is very friendly and very sociable.