Who Owned this Lot and the House?
1882 David R. Hosterman (1838-1913). Wife Harriet A. Hosterman (1837-1898)
- David R. Hosterman died at 153 W. College Ave., Springfield, OH. He and his wife are buried in Ferncliff Cemetery.
1883 John C. Myers (1841-1902). Wife Regina E. Myers (1844-1908, née Regina Elizabeth Overpeck). Reside in Pike Township, in the northwest part of Clark County.
- John C. Myers and Regina E. Myers are buried in Ferncliff Cemetery along with their daughter Martha A. Mitchell (1866-1924).
1886 Flora E. Winger (1857-1935; née McKibben); Husband John M. Winger (1850/1-1925)
- Flora E. Winger and John M. Winger are buried in Ferncliff Cemetery, Springfield, OH. John and Flora lived at 701 S. Fountain at the time of John's death in 1925.
1892 Ella I. MacMillen (McMillen) (1860- after 1940 née Hill). Husband Samuel M. MacMillen (1840/9-1900-07)
- Ella and Samuel lived at 219 N. Ferncliff Ave, the address for 529 N. Wittenberg before the city of Springfield renumbered the streets in 1908.
1905 Ollie B/G. Abbott (1866-1956). Husband Elmer D. Abbott (1862-1941).
- 1908 Elmer, Ollie and their son Charles G. Abbott resided at 529 N. (formerly 219 Ferncliff Av.) Wittenberg Av.
1908 Clara Hamma (1860-1940). Husband Rev. Michael W. Hamma (1836-1913) not referenced in the deed to Clara Hamma, but she is identified as “unmarried” when she deeds the property in 1919. Rev. Hamma died in 1913.
1936 House remodeled into a Georgian Style house. Springfield Architect Ralph Harmon. Donors include: Margery Smith Gotwald Voigt '06,
1936 New name on the Deed
1992 Alpha Xi Delta grants house to the Board of Directors of Wittenberg University
2009 Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity moves out of the house
2012 House demolished (Torch Article)