Wittenberg University is happy to announce a competitive award for students to apply to for financial support for participation in an archaeology field project or in a museum lab.
The Nancy Benco Award can provide a student with up to $1,500 for participation in a research project involving material remains and the study of human history. For more see the Nancy Benco Award. Previous winners are listed below along with links to their field school experiences.
- 2017 Winners: Emmy Higgins (Turin Museum, Italy) and Hannah McCartney (Blackfriary Community, Ireland)
- 2016 Winners: Heather Toops, Michael Resko (Underwater Archaeology-LAMP, Florida), and Katie Shanor (Center for American Archaeology, Illinois). (For a story on all three students see “Digging in Deep“)
- 2015 Winners: Hannah Sherman and Caitlin Lobl (Blackfriary Excavation–Wittenberg Story)
- 2014 Winners: Caitlin Lobl (Monticello-UVA Field School, Virginia) and Jenna Langa
- 2013 Winners: Emily Hall and Jack Ruble