Apparently, it is pretty good! Last summer, I asked students to rate advising at Wittenberg.
The Faculty Manual lists the following objectives for the academic advising program:
- To help the student understand the nature of a liberal education
- To help the student obtain maximum benefit from the total educational experience by discussing emerging interests and relating these interests to University opportunities and opportunities beyond the classroom
- To help the student determine career goals based on the student’s aptitudes and interests and outline a course of study that will enable the student to achieve these goals
- To assist students in understanding the policies and regulations which give structure to the students’ educational experience
- To offer support to a student as academic and developmental problems arise by counseling or referring the student to appropriate resources
The survey questions mirror these objectives, and the results are here. advising_survey