The only really bad thing about the fall, if you ask me, is the cold season. Other than that, it is pretty much a fantastic season. The fact that fall is now finally here brings a lot of great things such as:
- Fall fashion. Tights, overknee socks, boots, skirts, turtlenecks, scarves, gloves and trench coats are a few of my favorite things. Layers are fabulous.
- Pumpkin Latte. Yet another reason to drink coffee! In the words of my dear friend Lacey Davidson: “Oh, to be a freshman again and drink coffee just because you like the taste.” Just kidding, I bet some freshmen stay up just as late as us seniors, and we could all treat ourselves to some good coffee.
- The Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Every year I participate in the walk and raise money for the cause with my sorority. This year we went to Antioch in Yellow Springs to walk. One of my sisters who graduated last year, Lindsay Beckman, came in from Columbus to join us, which was such a treat!
- Fall Break. I am leaving Wittenberg in two weeks to go Washington DC with one of my best friends. We will visit friends, look at grad schools, internships/jobs and enjoy the city. Lot of walking I expect. Or maybe riding the metro? Can´t wait!
- Giving tours to prospective students. As a tour guide, I can definitely say that the number of students visiting Witt is increasing rapidly. During the first few weeks of classes we hardly had any, but now there are a lot of high school juniors and seniors here. Welcome!
Have a great first week of October and enjoy fall!